SCHOOL OF MEDICINE WITH A UNIQUE MISSION IN THE TROPICS
The salient motive behind the establishment of Uzima University College is the provision of Medical education and research expertise to the great lakes region both in quantity and quality.
The institution has laid up the following strategies to help crystallize this mission.
- Integration of the regional academe into a consortium of expertise to share the diversity of their knowledge and experience so as to provide sustainable means to build the capacity of the local people through access to preventative, diagnostic, treatment, curative and management of the diseases.
- Mentoring the upcoming expertise through a problem based learning that enables the students to explore the multiplicity of solutions and prioritize on the most sustainable solutions.
- The establishment of a medical research centre and other apprenticeships with partners locally and internationally for the development of a healthy community as a foundation of a wealthy community.
- The establishment of a regional consultancy and a diagnostic centre which is suppose to commence by September 2012 to study and come up with the new ways of managing the recurrent medical issues among the people.
- Harnessing the available resources for the improvement of the fundamental areas of community concern through Bio technology, Innovation, management and organization. The institution seeks to create a Wide area Network that will open up to the diverse intellectual wealth across the globe and customize them into functional strategies for the sustainability of the people.