HOD Information Systems, Sc. & Technology
Department of Information Systems/I.T, Sc. & Technology
The prime purpose for investing in ICT resources at Uzima University is to improve the quality of teaching and learning.”
- To provide a central resource for all and a platform onto which Faculties and Departments can depend on to provide specialized computing needs within Faculties and Departments through the provision of a cost-effective, efficient and reliable ICT infrastructure and centralized administration and management information systems.
- Because ICT now pervades almost all aspects of life, as Medical students and a faculty member, you must be prepared for living and working in a highly technological and information rich world that is rapidly changing.
- At Uzima University, we see technology as something that supports learning in many ways. ICT underpins all aspects of our service delivery towards engaging students, empowering lecturers and increasing efficiency of our support staff.
I.T Specialist Consultant /Cyber/I.T Security Researcher/ Specialist/, Lecturer – Medical Informatics & I.T & Computer Sciences (Hardware/Software &Network Engineer).
Academic & Professional background:
Year 2023: Covered Master of Science in Information Technology, Security & Audit – (Awaiting final defense) School of Informatics & Innovative Systems, Jaramogi Oginga Odinga University of Science & Technology Thesis Title: “Information Security and Privacy framework in Electronic HealthcareSystems (EHCS)”.
Year 2020: Honoris Causa Doctorate Recognition word (The Embryonic COVID-19)
Year 2006 – 2009: Covered Master Bachelor of Information Technology Degree (BIT) at McGrath McGrath Institute of Business Australia (MIBA (iota) Brisbane Queensland, Australia.
Year 1995/6 – 1997 : Covered Computer Science & Advance courses at the Kenya Christian Industrial Training Institute, Nairobi.
Courses covered includes 1st & 2nd Level ComputingCovered Computerized Accounting & Desktop Publishing– 3rd & 4th Level Computing:Covered Computer Networking Technology& Internet 5 th level computing.
Year 2000-2002 – Covered Systems Analysis and Programming languages Projects – 6th Level Computing at Kenya Christian Industrial Training Institute & Belcom College Nairobi.
Year 2005 – Covered International Certification – on Information Technology Education Methodology. (JICA) Scholarship for the 4th International Training Course on Information Technology Education Methodology that took place in Indonesia, Asia.
July 2019 – Covered a Certification Course in Investigation and Management of Cyber and Electronic Crime at the University of Pretoria, Faculty of Economic and Management, Department of Auditing, South Africa.
Year 2014 Covered Content Modularizations & E-Platform Mounting (Online Distance Learning Platform) – Sponsored by USAID & FUNZO- Kenya at Kenyatta University, Nairobi Kenya.
Year 2006 – Covered Republic of Kenya, Ministry of Education – Course on Facilitator (Teacher) Development training – Duration: 1 week, During the above Course, I covered: 1. Improving Self Concept in Teaching 2. Project/Research handling according to Curriculum 3. Problems & Challenges in Teaching Computer Studies. 4. Job opportunities in Computer studies.
Year 1994 to 1995 – Covered Introduction to Philosophy Program Christ the King Major Seminary, during Spiritual year formation at Christ The King Major Seminary in Nyeri, Kenya.
Year 1997: Program co-ordination, Systems Administration &/Trainer, IT User Support at Nosway ComPrint Ltd & Nosway Colleges, Nairobi, Kenya.
Year 1999 to August 2010: Computer/I.T Specialist/ Consultant and Teacher of Computer Studies & head of Information Technology/Systems at Precious Blood Girls’ High School – Riruta, Nairobi, Kenya.
Current appointment 2012 to date:
H.o.d Information Systems (I.S)/I.T, Science & Technology Manager and I.T Specialist/ Lecturer – Medical Informatics, HSM, I.T & Computer Sciences at Uzima University, Kisumu, Kenya
- Chief Examination Officer – Uzima University from 2016 – July
- Member of the Curriculum Committee – Uzima University from 2012 to
- Member of the University Research and Ethics Committee – Uzima University from 2012 to date
- Incorporate ICT to support effective Student‐Centered learning approaches.
- Enable academic staff to develop the skills to effectively use ICT in their daily practice
- To use ICT to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of administrative processes, and to improve access to data for decision making purposes by administrative and Faculty staff.