- Ph. D in Biblical Theology, Catholic University of Eastern Africa (CUEA), 2008
- SSL Sacred Scripture, Exegesis at Pontifical Biblical Institute (Biblicum), 1990
- STB Sacred Theology (Bachelor of Sacred Theology) – Pontifical University of Urbaniana, 1983
- Diploma in Theology at St. Thomas Aquinas Seminary
- Certificate in Religious Studies – University of Nairobi
- Certificate in Philosophy at Regional Philosophicum Kibosho
Philippians 1:27 – 2:18: A call to Steadfastness, Unity, Humility and Obedience in reference to the Luo Community in the Catholic Diocese of Homa-Bay (Kenya).
- 1st Moderator: Rev. Prof. Jean Bosco Matand SSL, SSD (Biblicum, Rome).
- 2nd Moderator: Rev. Prof. Victor Zinkuratire, SSL, Ph.D (Cambridge, England).
- Faculty of Biblical Theology of the Catholic University of Eastern Africa (CUEA).
2004 – 2007 Approved Ph.D Candidate / Part time Tutorial Fellow Biblical Theology at Catholic University of Eastern Africa, Nairobi.
Exodus 18: 7 -12: How could Jethro, a Medianite Priest, offer sacrifice to the Lord (Yahweh – the God of Israel) in the presence of Moses and Aaron?
- 1st Moderator: Prof. Alfred Soggin, SSL, Ph.D (Gregorian, Rome) – Professor of Old Testament and Biblical Linguistics.
- 2nd Moderator: Prof. Jean P. Ska, SSL,SSD (Biblicum, Rome) – Professor of Old Testament Literature.
- 1st Obligatory Proficiency: Old Testament Hebrew Language.
- 2nd Obligatory Proficiency: Old Testament Septuagint Greek.
1988: While at the Biblicum- Studying mandatory German language course at Schonstatt in Bonn, Germany for New Testament Scholarship.
1987: While at the Biblicum – doing a mandatory course in Palestinology at the Hebrew University in Jerusalem, Israel: A Trimester of June – September 1987.
1986: While at the Biblicum – Studying Italian, French and Spanish at Collegio San Pietro, Rome.
1974 -1975: A – Level at Tindinyo College (2 Principals 1 Subsidiary)
1970 – 1973: O – Level at St. John Seminary, Rakwaro (Division II)
1968 – 1969: Certificate of Primary Education (C.P.E – B,B,B+) at St. John’s Seminary, Rakwaro.
1961 – 1967: St. Luke’s Primary School, Malunga in Migori County.
5th June 2020 to date: Appointed Vice Chancellor of Uzima University.
4th March 2020 Made Vice Chancellor Designate upon Uzima University getting a Letter of Interim Authority.
15th October 2015: Appointed Principal of Uzima University College – a Medical University and Constituent College of the Catholic University of Eastern Africa (CUEA),
12th June 2012 to 15th October 2015: Deputy Principal – Administration and Finance at Uzima University College – a Constituent College of the Catholic University of Eastern Africa.
Dec. 4th 2008 – 4th June 2012: Father in Charge of Our Lady of Immaculate Conception Catholic Parish – Kendu Bay, Diocese of Homa Bay
2004 – 2007: Ph.D Candidate and Part-time Lecturer at Catholic University of Eastern Africa and giving Tutorials to Masters and Bachelors candidates.
2001 – 2003: In Residence at St. John, the Beloved Parish at McLean, Virginia, USA While doing Licentiate in Theology (STL) at Catholic University of America, Washington D.C. USA. I did course work but had to discontinue The thesis because of the death of my young sister the late Monica Adhiambo who had lost her husband seven months earlier. They both left Four (4) young children of secondary school going age to be taken care Of. I had to return home to undertake the responsibility of their education.
2000 – 2001: Chaplain – Cardinal Otunga High School, Mosocho, Kisii.
1994 – 1999: Appointed External Examiner and Assessor of Masters’ Theses by the
Dean of the Faculty of Theology, CUEA.
1993 -2000: Rector – St. Thomas Aquinas National Seminary.
1990 – 1992: Rector (Principal) – St. John’s Junior Seminary, Rakwaro.
1986 – 1990: Further Studies at the Biblicum, Rome and at Hebrew University,
1985: Appointed Locum Tenens – Mbita Catholic Parish.
1982 -1984: Assistant Parish Priest both at Nyabururu Catholic Parish and at St
Charles Lwanga Cathedral, Kisii.
19th November 1982: Ordained Catholic Priest by His Lordship Tiberius Charles Mugendi, DD, Bishop of Kisii.
- English Grammar and Literature at Secondary school level
- Christian Religious Education at Secondary school level
- Introduction to the Old Testament at University level.
- The Pentateuch, Historical Books of OT and Prophets at University level.
- Introduction to the New Testament at University level.
- The Gospels at University level
- The Letters of St. Paul at University level.
- Biblical Languages: Aramaic, Hebrew, Greek and Latin at University level.
Workshops And Seminars Attended
3rd – 7th July 1995: From Theology to Life: A Seminar for Catholic University of Eastern Africa Staff, Rectors and Deans of Major Seminaries And Theological Colleges in Amecea Region held at The Catholic University of Eastern Africa Campus, Nairobi.
6th – 10th May 1997: The Bible and Culture: Where is the meeting point? A workshop held at the Pontifical Urbaniana University, Rome.
6th – 10th July 1998: Planning Committee Workshop to enhance the application of the guidelines of “Ecclesia in Africa” as a pastoral communication tool in Kenya held at Dimesse Sisters, Nairobi.
20th July – 2nd August 1998: Formation of priests for the Church in Africa in the light of the African Synod and the exhortation “ Ecclesia in Africa.”
held at St. Thomas Aquinas National Seminary, Nairobi.
5th – 9th June 2006: Scripture Translation Seminar (Kenya) organized by the Bible Society of Kenya in conjunction with the United Bible Societies held at the Anglican Cathedral in Nairobi. I represented the Catholic University of Eastern Africa chairing the Approaches to Bible Translation’s Session.
15th July 1995: To His Eminence Maurice Michael Cardinal Otunga on “Popular Global Education for self-intergrated development and transformation – a UNESCO project.”
2nd July 1996: “The Church as a family of God”- the significance of the term “Ecclesia” in the OT and its relevance to the term “qahal” in Hebrew.
15th August 1999: “Priestly Formation for today’s realities in the Amecea Region: past, present and future.
15th June 2003: “The impact of HIV /AIDS in Kenya Today and the Church’s response”, McLean, Washington, D.C
16th July 2005: “ Orphans of HIV / AIDS in Kenya and the Catholic Church’s position in this hour of need”, McLean, Washington, D.C
My Contribution To Biblical Scholarship In Africa
The entire commentary on the Book of Qoheleth (Ecclesiastes) in the African Bible published in1999 by the Pauline Publications, Nairobi, Kenya